Information relating to working hours of Security Officer and related issues at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre was denied u/s 8(1)(a) - CIC: provide information relating to the time of arrival and time of departure of the official, if available
Vide RTI dt 26.2.13, appellant had sought information on 4 points relating to working hours and related issues of Security Officer.
2. PIO vide letter dt 26.3.13, provided a point wise response.
3. An appeal was filed on 18.4.13.
4. AA vide order dt 27.5.13, observed that available information has been provided and disposed of the appeal. It was further observed that the EHPPL facility at Kalyan is of strategic importance and no other details related to security preparations can be furnished and they are exempt under Section 8(1)(a) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, there shall be no obligation to give any citizen, information, disclosure of which would prejudicially affect the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security, strategic, scientific or economic interests of the State, relation with foreign State or lead to incitement of an offence; of the RTI Act.
5. Submissions made by the appellant and public authority were heard. Appellant submitted that in respect of query no.2, though he has been provided date and time of the night rounds taken by the Security Officer, he has not been provided information relating to the time of arrival and time of departure of the official concerned.
6. The Commission directs PIO to provide to the appellant the information sought, if available, within ten days from date of receipt of the order. The appeal is disposed of.
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Shri Naresh Kumar v. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in File No.CIC/SM/A/2013/001211/RM