Information relating to the funds provided to MPs for providing books for the library in their Constituency - PIO: information is not maintaied; contact the Nodal districts / visit the MPLADS website - CIC: inform in Hindi that no information is available
Information relating to the funds provided to MPs for providing books for the library in their Parliamentary Constituency - PIO: information is not available with them, contact the Nodal districts concerned & visit the MPLADS website - Appellant: if no information is available with the public authority, the same should be communicated to him, in writing in Hindi language - CIC: provide in writing (Hindi language) to the appellant that no information is available with the public authority
1. The appellant, Shri Ajit Kumar Singh, submitted RTI application dated 31 October 2012 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Department of Human Resource Development, New Delhi, seeking information relating to the funds provided to the Honorable Members of Parliament for providing books for the library in their Parliamentary Constituency through a total of 03 points. The application was transferred to the M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation.
2. The appellant preferred appeal dated 15 January 2012 to the First Appellate Authority (FAA), when he did not receive any reply from the CPIO concerned. Vide order dated 13 February 2012, CPIO furnished pointwise information to the appellant. Vide order dated 10 December 2012, the FAA upheld the CPIO’s decision. FAA letter dated 25 February 2013 transferred the appeal to MPLADS Division for supply of information.
3. Being aggrieved and not satisfied by the above response of the public authority, the appellant preferred second appeal before the Commission.
4. The respondents submitted that they have already informed the appellant that under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) funds are sent to the nodal district authorities of the MPs, directly. The nodal district authorities examine and implement the eligible developmental works recommended by the Members of Parliament and maintain the details of individual works executed and the amount spent under the MPLADS. The Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation only receives the cumulative information on the number of works recommended, sanctioned and total expenditure incurred. And as the works recommended by the Hon’ble MPs are executed by the respective nodal districts the applicant can get the details with respect to the amount spent on purchase of books for libraries from the district authorities concerned.
5. The appellant was therefore advised to contact the Nodal districts concerned to get any additional and specific information regarding the specific works got carried under MPLAD Scheme in which the expenditure is incurred. Further the appellant may also visit the website i.e. www.mplads.nic.in for any information regarding the circulars issued, funds released constituent wise, consolidated amount spent on the works in the individual districts, etc.
6. The appellant submitted that if no information is available with the public authority, the same is to be given to him, in writing in Hindi language. Shri D. Sai Baba has agreed to do the same.
7. The Commission is satisfied with the CPIO’s submissions that the information sought may not be provided as the same is not being maintained with the public authority.
8. However, the CPIO is directed to provide in writing (Hindi language) to the appellant that no information is available with the public authority within 10 days of the receipt of the order of the Commission.
9. The appellant is free to approach the suitable forum for the redressal of his grievance, if any.
Citation: Shri Ajit Kumar Singh v. M/o Statistics & Prog. & Implementation in Appeal: No. CIC/DS/A/2013/000695/MP