Information regarding residential premises allotted to an ex Postal Assistant - proceeding for recovery of penal rent for unauthorized occupation of the premises stayed by Allahabad HC - Appellant sought an inspection of the relevant records - PIO agreed
Information regarding residential premises allotted to an ex-employee Mr. Kanchan Singh Postal Assistant - department had initiated proceeding for recovery of penal rent for unauthorized occupation of the premises but the matter has been stayed by the Hon’ble Allahabad High Court - Appellant sought an inspection of the relevant records - PIO agreed - CIC: Upto 15 pages of information to be provided free of cost after inspection
The appellant has sought the following information related to Mr. Kanchan Singh who is living un-authorizedly in Saharanpur Kendra Vihar Colony Quarters on panel rate and the dues are Rs. 05 lac.
1. Whether Mr. Kanchan is living in Kendra Vihar Colony Quarters unauthorizedly?
2. Whether he has obtained any stay from the court to live in this quarter? If so, then give the other related information as sought.
3. Panel Rent of Rs 5 lac is due from Mr. Kanchan, so how this huge amount would be recovered from him?
4. Whether this delay in execution of recovery of the due rent amount is for the benefit of Mr. Kanchan?
5. Whether this penal rent would be relieved after his retirement?
6. What is the relevance of staying the order of vacating the house?
7. Is it a scripted play? If so who is its writer and Villon?
8. Who is responsible for not listing his vacation, expedites, for not filing the petition and for delay in recovering the panel rent.
Grounds for the Second Appeal: The PIO has not given complete and satisfactory information. Relevant Facts emerging during Hearing: The following were present
Appellant Mr. Rajesh Kapil through VC
Respondent: Mr. N S Bhandari CPIO through VC
The CPIO stated that the information requested by the appellant in his RTI application dated 20/02/2012, as available on record, has been provided to him vide letter dated 21/03/2012. He clarified that the appellant has sought various information regarding residential premises allotted to an ex-employee Mr. Kanchan Singh Postal Assistant against whom the department had initiated proceeding for recovery of penal rent for unauthorized occupation of the premises but the matter has been stayed by the Hon’ble Allahabad High Court. The appellant pleaded that he may be allowed an inspection of the relevant records to confirm that correct and complete information has been provided to him. The CPIO agreed.
As agreed by the CPIO he should allow the appellant to inspect the relevant records relating to his RTI application dated 20/02/2012 and also permit him to take photocopies /extracts therefrom, free of cost, upto 15 pages within 21 days from the date of receipt of this order. The appeal is disposed of accordingly.
Citation: Mr. Rajesh Kapil v. Department of Posts in File No. CIC/BS/A/2012/000976/3313