Information regarding payment of a certain family pension was sought - CIC: provide a copy of the calculation sheet of payments done; provide the facts pertinent to the various columns and the entries in the PPO relevant to this particular matter
1. The appellant filed an RTI application dated 31.10.2012 seeking information regarding payment of a certain family pension. The appellant filed an appeal dated 12.12.2012 with the First Appellate Authority. The response of PIO and FAA is not on record. The appellant filed a second appeal dated 21.02.2013 with the Commission.
2. The appellant participated in the hearing personally. The respondent participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
3. The appellant referred to his RTI application dated 31.10.2012 and stated that his father’s dues and arrears have yet not been settled and PPO has not been issued. The appellant said that his father was working as O.T. Asstt. The appellant further stated that according to the norms his mother should have got the family pension. The appellant stated that his mother expired on 18.05.2011 but till now he has no information about the arrears and other benefits. The appellant stated that he wants the following information:
i) his father’s PPO.
ii) the arrears that are due to the family following the demise of appellant’s father on 17.12.2010.
4. The respondent stated that they are aware of this matter, though there has been some delay in the case. The respondent stated that the appellant filed an RTI application on 31.10.2012 and a response was sent on 27.11.2012 stating that this matter was a departmental matter for the redress of a grievance and that the RTI Act did not apply. The respondent further stated that in so far as the information is concerned the facts are as follows:
a) Following the death of appellant’s father an amount of Rs. 6,59,851 was due under the death cum retirement gratuity scheme. That as per their record this amount has already been paid on 13.12.2011 to the children of the deceased who comprised of two brothers and one sister and that the appellant is also one of those three.
b) An amount of Rs. 32,732/by way of G.I.S has been paid to the two brothers and one sister.
c) Leave encashment of Rs. 1,73,961 has been paid to the three children.
d)Provident Fund of Rs. 2,27,085 3,961 has been paid to the three children on 29.03.2011.
The respondent further stated that pension of Rs. 51868 has been distributed with Rs. 17290 to the eldest child and Rs. 17289 each to the other two children. The respondent stated that this payment has already been issued and this must have been credited in the bank account which can be confirmed by the appellant.
5. The appellant asked why the PPO is not issued. The respondent stated that PPO is issued to a person who is alive and PPO is not issued to a person who is no more.
6. The appellant wanted to know the basis and pay scale on which the above amount was calculated and released.
7. The respondent is directed to provide to the appellant a copy of the calculation sheet of payments done and also provide the facts pertinent to the various columns and the entries in the PPO relevant to this particular matter. Compliance must be done within 30 days of this order. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Satendra Singh Chauhan v. Central Rly H.O., North Central Rly in Decision No. CIC/AD/C/2013/000583/VS/07876