Information regarding installation of BSNL towers on private land, copy of agreement with private party & related matters covering the entire circle was sought - CIC: The nodal PIO should compile the information from 21 offices & provide to complainant
1. The complainant filed RTI application dated 8.11.2014 seeking information regarding the date on which BSNL towers were installed on private land, copy of agreement with the private party and related matters covering the entire circle.
2. The CPIO responded on 15.11.2014 and 13.1.2015. The complainant filed first appeal dated 3.1.2015 with First Appellate Authority (FAA). The response of FAA is not on record. The complainant filed a complaint on 26.2.2015 before the Commission.
3. Both the parties participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
4. The complainant stated that respondent has not provided information to him though more than 2 years have elapsed.
5. The respondent stated that information sought by the complainant is to be collected from 21 offices, as it is not in compiled form. It seems proper that the nodal CPIO should compile the information and provide the same to the complainant.
6. The complainant is keen to get information. He stated that this may reveal widespread irregularities and hence it is a matter of public interest. This may, therefore, be treated as second appeal.
7. The respondent should take action as per para 5 above and provide the information to the complainant within 60 days of receipt of this order.
7. The respondent is directed to take action as per para 7.
The complaint is disposed of.
Copy of the order be given to the parties free of cost.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Mr. Jayantnath v. BSNL in Appeal No. CIC/BS/C/2015/900070, CIC/BS/C/2015/900071; Dated of Decision: 23.3.2017