Information regarding harassment by her daughter in law etc was sought - CIC: National Commission for Women had given two contradictory replies to the appellant; PIO directed to provide clear position regarding the complaint registered with NCW
1. The appellant, Smt. Shakuntla Sharma, submitted RTI application dated 02.09.2013 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), addressed to the CPIO, Chief Minister of NCR of Delhi seeking information on 04 points on her representation dated 01.06.2013 regarding harassment by her daughter in law, as action taken against Major Chetan Kumar for using improper language, action taken by the police authority on her application dated 1.6.2013 etc.
2. The CPIO, O/O the Chief Minister of NCR of Delhi vide letter dated 5.9.2013 transferred the RTI application to the CPIO, National Commission for Women (NCW), New Delhi. The CPIO, NCW vide letter dated 21.11.2013 informed the appellant that NCW received a complaint from Shri Devi Dayal Sharma and the same had been registered in the C&I Cell of the Commission as case No. 8/8156/2013/NCW/CW/USK. The matter was taken up by the NCW and a letter seeking written reply from the opposite party was sent. Aggrieved with non receipt of the status of her representation, the appellant filed first appeal on 10.3.2014 before the FAA. The FAA had not adjudicated on appellant’s first appeal.
3. Thereafter the appellant filed second appeal before the Commission.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant stated that the initially the CPIO vide letter dated 21.11.2013 informed her that the NCW received a complaint from Shri Devi Dayal Sharma and the same had been registered with the NCW. After one year, the CPIO vide letter dated 22.12.2014 informed the appellant that the matter did not pertain to NCW. The respondents CPIO regretted for the delay.
5. The Commission observes that the respondents had given two contradictory replies to the appellant. Therefore, the Commission directs the CPIO to provide clear position regarding the complaint received from Shri Devi Dayal Sharma which had been registered with NCW as case No. 8/8156/2013/NCW/ CW/ USK, to the appellant within one week of receipt of this order. The Commission warns the CPIO to be careful in future while dealing with RTI matters. The appeal is disposed of.
Citation: Smt. Shakuntla Sharma v. National Commission for Women in Appeal: No. CIC/MP/A/2014/000550