Information regarding electronic equipments installed in New Delhi for the use of Delhi Police Security Unit during the Commonwealth Games was not provided - CIC: The Security Unit should be present before the CIC with all relevant records as asked
Decision Dated 21.03.2016
1. Shri Lakhpat Ram filed an application dated 24.07.2014 under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Security Unit, Delhi Police seeking information regarding electric/electronic equipments installed at Millennium Park Bus Depot, New Delhi as well as at various hotels in New Delhi for the use of Delhi Police Security Unit during the Commonwealth Games including
(i) how many Mobile Cargo Container Inspection Equipments were installed at Millennium Park Bus Depot, New Delhi,
(ii) how many Palletized Cargo Xrays Scanner were installed during Commonwealth Games and
(iii) how many Xrays Baggage Inspection Systems were installed during the Commonwealth Games.
2. The appellant filed second appeal dated 02 .12.2014 before the Commission on the ground that incomplete, incorrect, misleading information has been provided by PIOs. The appellant requested the Commission to set aside the order of the CPIO and FAA and direct them to supply complete information sought by him.
3. The appellant Shri Lakhpat Ram and the respondent Shri Parveen Mann, SubInspector, Delhi Police were present in person.
4. The appellant submitted that no information has been provided to him in response to his RTI application although, the RTI application was being tossed amongst various CPIOs of Delhi Police. The appellant further submitted that the matter in fact pertains to the DCP, Security (HQ).
5. The respondent submitted that the RTI application of the appellant was transferred by the APIO/Security (HQ) to APIO/North District vide letter dated 05.08.2014. The respondent further submitted that accordingly a reply was furnished vide letter dated 03.09.2014 stating that the requisite information is not related to North District, Delhi. Interim Decision:
6. The Commission upon perusal of the records observes that the RTI application was originally addressed to PIO, Security Unit by the appellant and the Security (HQ) has transferred the RTI application to the PIOs of all Districts, PHQ and P&L, Delhi vide letter dated 05.08.2014. In response PIOs of North District, Central District, West District, New Delhi District, North West District, East District, North East District, South District and P&L, Delhi unanimously stated that the matter does not relate to the respective Districts. In view of this, the Commission observes that the Security Unit should be present before the Commission with all relevant records on the next date of hearing. The CPIO, North District, Delhi Police is directed to ensure that a copy of this order is served upon the officer concerned with directions to comply with the same. The case is adjourned to 19.04.2016 at 1:00 p.m.
7. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Lakhpat Ram v. Delhi Police in Decision No.CIC/VS/A/2014/003812/SB