Information regarding branches who hoisted the national Flag, expenditure incurred on the Independence Day was sought - PIO: information is not available - CIC: reply is in conformity with the RTI Act, appeal rejected
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application with the PIO on 19.8.2012 seeking copies of letters/circulars for hoisting the national flag on the Independence Day 2012, besides some information on the subject. In all, information has been sought on 5 points. The CPIO responded pointwise on 28.8.2012.
2. Not satisfied with the reply of the PIO, the appellant filed an appeal on 13.9.2012 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA, while upholding the reply of CPIO on 4.10.2012, provided some additional information to the appellant. The appellant approached the Commission on 29.11.2012 in second appeal.
3. The appellant and the respondent both participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
4. The appellant referred to his RTI application of 19.8.2012 and stated that he has not received the information on points 2,3 and 5 of the RTI application so far.
5. The respondent stated that information on point 5 has already been provided to the appellant. As regards information on point 2 regarding the various branches who hoisted the national Flag on the Independence Day of 2012, the appellant was clearly informed through the CPIO’s reply of 28.8.2012 that information was not available with them.
6. As regards the expenditure incurred by various branches on the Independence Day of 2012, the respondent stated that the information was not available.
7. The action taken by the respondent in dealing with the RTI application is in conformity with the provisions of the RTI Act 2005.
8. The decision of the FAA is upheld. No intervention of the Commission is required in the matter. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to both the parties.
Citation: Shri R.H. Kavital v. Karnataka Vikas Gramina bank in Decision No. CIC/VS/A/2013/000129/05481