Information pertaining to two decades about a society was sought - CIC: appellant has filed several 2nd appeals putting school authorities to torture; Any encouragement to these elements will leave schools & Education Officer demoralized; appeal rejected
Information about society pertaining to two decades was sought - PIO forwarded the reply received from the school; appellant was a teacher of that school, who was removed for proven anti school activities and started filing RTI applications to harass and build up the pressures on the society - CIC: appellant has filed several second appeals forcing the school to collect voluminous information, which do not serve any purpose except putting school authorities to torture of complying useless date; school and Education department to prepare a note on appellant’s RTI application and put up in official website along with this order, inquiry report and her termination letter; appeal rejected
1. Appellant through his RTI application sought for copies of all the information submitted between 01.07.2005 to 31.07.2014 by Vidya Bharati School regarding the election of two teacher representatives in the school management committee. PIO forwarded the reply received from the school to the appellant. Being unsatisfied with PIO reply, the appellant made First Appeal. First Appellate Authority directed the PIO to furnish information to the applicant. Unsatisfied with information furnished, appellant approach the Commission through this present second appeal.
Proceedings Before the Commission:
2. The appellant sought very voluminous information about society pertaining to two decades, such as elections conducted to society during her service in the school etc. The Vice Principal who was present in the Commission stated that they had constituted managing committee as per norms and there is also a speaking order by DDE to that extent when the matter came before that officer. Respondent officer submitted that applicant has filed repeated RTI applications with them, building up pressure and harassment of the school authorities. Appellant agreed to have filed 14 to 15 RTI applications with the department and 23 cases are still pending to be heard at the CIC.
3. The school authorities and Education officers told the Commission that appellant was a teacher of that school, who was removed for proven antischool activities and ever since such action, she started filing RTI applications to harass and build up the pressures on the society. Appellant was before the Commission for several second appeals wherein she secured some information also. The present appeal and some earlier appeals are forcing the school to collect voluminous information for years, which do not serve any purpose except putting school authorities to torture of complying useless date.
4. The Commission noticed personal vengeance and total lack of public interest behind her requests for information. It is highly unethical and immoral for such guilty teacher to abuse RTI. She had almost arrested functioning of school with her frivolous applications and making the officers and HoS to appear before First and Second Appellate Authorities. RTI is not for such antidiscipline and irresponsible elements. Any encouragement to these elements will leave schools and Education Officer demoralized. Hence her second appeal is rejected with admonition.
5. The Commission directs the school and Education department to prepare a note on her RTI application and put up in official website along with this order, inquiry report and her termination letter.
Citation: Rajni Maindiratta v. PIO, Director of Education (North West-B) in Case No. CIC/SA/A/2014/001772