Information pertaining to rail projects of certain States like the number of rail projects sanctioned in last 15 years with details & those that are pending; plan to complete the socially desirable projects etc. - CIC: the matter is covered u/s 7(9)
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 04.06.2010 seeking information pertaining to rail projects of certain States. The appellant filed a second appeal on 12.10.2011 with the Commission.
2. The appellant and the respondent both did not participate in the hearing.
3. From the material available on record, it is evident that the appellant has sought information in his RTI application of 04.06.2010 on the following:
(i) since last 15 years how many rail projects were sanctioned with details, e.g., gauge conversion, new rail projects and how many new trains started after terminal capacity fully utilized from the State of Bihar and West Bengal which were economically not viable and rejected earlier;
(ii) under which policy these rail projects were considered;
(iii) whether the Ministry has the same procedure for the State of Rajasthan;
(iv) how many rail projects of Rajasthan are pending with regard to the criteria mentioned above;
(v) whether the Ministry has any ground to prejudge feasibility of the proposed rail routes without survey;
(vi) how many rail projects of Rajasthan are lagging behind the schedule;
(vii) whether any new trains will be announced after feasibility of the said rail route;
(viii) what is the plan to complete the socially desirable projects; and
(ix) what is the future plan for churu and nagaur dist. Of Rajasthan.
4. This matter will be covered under section 7(9) An information shall ordinarily be provided in the form in which it is sought unless it would disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority or would be detrimental to the safety or preservation of the record in question. of the RTI Act. In this light, no further action is required.
5. No further action is required in the matter. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Anil Kumar Khater v. Railway Board in Decision No.CIC/AD/C/2013/000018/VS/07123