Information pertaining to pensionary benefits - CIC advised the appellant to furnish complete details viz. employee code, place of joining, place of last posting, copy of charge-sheet etc.; Respondent to provide reply within four weeks thereafter
O R D E R
1. The complainant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), State Bank of India, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh seeking information pertaining to his pensionary benefits, including, inter-alia, (i) as to when payment of his gratuity, pension will be made to him.
2. The complainant filed a complaint before the Commission on the ground that relief has not been provided to him by the bank. The complainant requested the Commission to direct the respondent to release his payment of pension, gratuity, etc.
3. The complainant, Shri Rajendra Kumar Salame attended the hearing through video-conferencing. The respondent Shri Sanjeev Kumar, Regional Manager & CPIO, State Bank of India, Regional Business Office, Sagar, Madhya Pradesh attended the hearing through video-conferencing.
4. The complainant submitted that despite various requests and even after filing of RTI application(s)/complaints/second appeal before the Commission, the respondent bank has not sanctioned pensionary benefits to him. The complainant further submitted that the respondent has not complied with the Commission’s earlier orders with respect to his service matter. The complainant prayed before the Commission to direct the respondent to release his payment of pension, gratuity, etc. The complainant also requested the Commission to convert the present complaint into a second appeal.
5. The respondent submitted that the complainant has not furnished his complete service details in his RTI application/first appeal. Therefore, in absence of service details, they were not able to trace the records pertaining to the complainant. Hence, no information could be provided to the appellant.
6. The Commission, after hearing the submissions of both the parties and perusing the records, accedes to the request of the appellant and converts the present complaint into a second appeal.
7. The Commission further notes that in absence of complete service details of the appellant, the respondent could not trace the relevant records pertaining to him. In view of this, the Commission advises the appellant to furnish complete details pertaining to his employment in the bank viz. employee code, place of joining, place of last posting, copy of charge-sheet and any other document to the respondent within two weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order. The Commission also directs the respondent to provide reply/information to the appellant within four weeks from the date of receipt of relevant details from the appellant, under intimation to the Commission.
8. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
9. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Rajendra Kumar Salame v. CPIO, State Bank of India in Complaint No. CIC/SBIND/C/2017/105203, Date 04.12.2018