Information pertaining to the Executive Trainee Examination, 2012 by NTPC was sought - CIC: The recruitment process has been cancelled; hence, the marks obtained by the candidate in the interview can be disclosed to the appellant
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (RTI Act) before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPCL) seeking information on five points pertaining to the Executive Trainee (ET) Examination, 2012, including
(i) marks scored by Roll No. 60xxx273 in the written and interview of the ET Examination, 2012 and
(ii) cut-off marks in the written and interview for General and Scheduled Caste (SC) category in the ET Examination, 2012 for HR specialization.
2. The appellant filed a second appeal before the Commission on the grounds that he is not satisfied with the information provided by the CPIO.
3. The appellant was not present despite notice. The respondent Shri M.K. Goyal, CPIO, NTPCL were present in person.
4. The respondent submitted that point wise information as per available records has been provided to the appellant vide letter dated 24.12.2015. On a specific query by the Commission, the respondent submitted that the marks for the interview were not disclosed since the same were not approved by the Competent Authority because the recruitment process was cancelled.
5. The Commission, after hearing the submissions of the respondent and perusing the records, notes that the recruitment process has been cancelled. Hence, the marks obtained by the candidate in the interview can be disclosed. The Commission, therefore, directs the respondent to provide the interview marks obtained by the appellant within a period of four weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
6. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of.
7. Copy of the decision be provided free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Vipin Kumar v. NTPC Limited in Decision No. CIC/YA/A/2016/001550/SB Dated 17.05.2017