Information about the number of concessional tickets issued to the 27 categories of passengers as shown in part A of Railway Time Table, like persons with special needs, senior citizens etc and the loss incurred by the Railways - CIC: provide information
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 11.11.2012 seeking information pertaining to availing of concessions during a certain period. The CPIO responded on 12.12.2012. The appellant filed a second appeal on 21.12.2012 with the Commission.
2. The respondent participated in the hearing personally.
3. The respondent referred to the RTI application of 11.11.2012 and stated that the appellant was seeking information about the number of tickets to various categories of passengers who were entitled to concessional tickets.
4. The respondent stated that there are 27 categories of passengers as shown in part A of Railway Time Table, for example, persons with special needs, senior citizens and other categories who are given concessional tickets. The respondent stated that the appellant wanted to know how many tickets were issued during the year 2011-12 and how much loss was incurred by the Railways.
5. The respondent stated that their organization is a technology organization and the information may not be immediately available with them in the manner in which the information has been sought. The respondent stated that, however, they will procure the information from the Railways and will provide the information as available to the appellant.
6. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
7.The respondent is directed to provide to the appellant, within 30 days of this order, the information as is available. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Damodar V Prabhu v. Railway Information System in Decision No.CIC/AD/C/2013/000086/VS/07172