Information about construction of a railway bridge, policy for naming of the trains, concession in tickets to the students imparting higher education, starting a new train etc. was sought - The relevant circulars were provided - CIC: Appeal disposed of
1.The appellant filed an RTI application on 28.02.2013 seeking information regarding nonfunctioning of train on certain railway station, planning for construction of a bridge from Manihari to Sahibganj, number and height of breakers made on the road, the basis of nomenclature of station and train, free toilet facility in the station and information regarding concession to student. The CPIO responded on 16.04.2013. The appellant filed first appeal dated 14.06.2013. The FAA responded on 29.07.2013. The appellant filed second appeal dated 24.08.2013 with the Commission.
2. The respondent participated in the hearing personally.
3. The respondent participated in the hearing and stated that the appellant sought information on various points, i.e.
i) when the trains will start running between Katihar junction to Tejnarainpur railway station,
ii) planning for construction of a railway bridge on river Ganga between Manihari Sahibganj,
iii) number and height of brokers constructed on the road,
iv) policy for naming of the trains,
v) free toilet facility and
vi)concession in tickets to the students imparting higher education.
4. The respondent stated that they provided information on all the points except point No.2, i.e. planning for construction of a railway bridge on river Ganga between Manihari Sahibganj. The respondent stated that at present there is no planning for construction of a railway bridge on river Ganga between Manihari Sahibganj. The respondent further stated that on the other points, i.e., naming of the train, concession in tickets to the students imparting higher education, there are specific circulars which have been provided to the appellant by the different Directorates in separate covers.
5. The respondent stated that vide letters dated 04.04.2013, 16.04.2013, 29.07.2013 and 20.03.2015 they replied to the appellant on all the points in response to his RTI application dated 28.02.2013.
6. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
7.The action taken by the respondent is in conformity with the RTI Act.
8. The Commission's intervention is not required in the matter. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Sadanand Paul v. Ministry of Railway in Decision No.CIC/BS/A/2013/002237/VS/09416