Information about a certain audition test, constitution of jury members & guidelines governing those auditions - Respondent: delay because the concerned officer had gone on leave; the information has been provided - CIC: no further action required
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 20-9-2012 seeking information about the constitution of the jury members on 13-6-2012 relating to tabla shastri swar.
2. The CPIO responded on 19102012, informing the appellant that the information on points 3, 5 and 6 have been provided. In so far as points 1, 2, 4, 7 and 8 were concerned, the information had been procured from the concerned units and requested the appellant to deposit a sum of Rs. 12/- for copying charges. The appellant filed an appeal with the first appellate authority (FAA) on 19-11-2012. The FAA responded on 18-12-2012 and directed the CPIO to provide the information to the appellant. The CPIO provided the information to the appellant on points 7 and 8 and stated that the rest will be provided as soon as it is received. The appellant approached the Commission on 1232013 in a second appeal.
3. I heard the respondent through videoconferencing. He stated that the RTI application of 20-9-2012 was seeking information about a certain audition test and the guidelines that had governed those auditions. The respondent explained that the respondent organization conducts audition tests for artists including about their voices and instruments according to the certain guidelines.
4. The respondent explained that the appellant’s spouse had taken part in the audition of tabla item, but failed to reach the prescribed pass marks. The respondent stated that the information has been provided though there was some delay because the concerned officer had gone on leave. The respondent stated that the information has been provided after the payment of the photocopying charges which was deposited on 20-2-2013 following which the information was provided in two instalments on 22-2-2013 and 21-3-2013.
5. The respondent stated that the results sought along with the calculation sheet and the guidelines have been provided to the appellant. The respondent stated that whatever information was sought has been made available and there is no further information to provide in which light, the matter should now be allowed to close.
6. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
7. No further action in the matter is required at the level of the Commission. Appeal is disposed of. Copy of this order be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Ms Sumitra Bharati v. Information & Broadcasting Akashwani in Decision No.CIC/SM/A/2013/000486/VS/05946