A grievance related to promotion and transfer of SAG grade General Duties medical Officer in ESIC - CIC advised the appellant to submit a representation to the Public Authority and directed the PIO to provide action taken report after consultation
1. The appellant sought list of SAG (Senior Administrative General) grade GDMO (General Duties medical Officer) in ESIC, list of SAG grade specialists, details of S.A.G. grade GDMOs posted in Delhi and Noida, name and place of work since when they were working in the present place, their promotions from NFSG to SAG, list of doctors both GDMO and specialists of all grades working in Delhi and Noida without being transferred outside Delhi without designation, place of work and date of joining of ESIC. The CPIO replied on 14.03.2018 and provided the list of SAG and GDMO however stated that no separate list of SAG doctors in Delhi is available. The Appellate Authority upheld the response of CPIO on 25.04.2018.
2. The appellant stated that out of six points, he received response on two points of RTI application. He stated that the information sought is controlled by Delhi Medical Division. He submitted that the Director General of DMD had given a speaking order as part of written reply to the writ petition that the promotions were granted to medical officers on the basis of number of transfers. He alleged that the doctors in Delhi Medical Division were granted promotion without a single transfer in tenure of service.
3. The officers representing the Public Authority stated that since there was no separate list for doctors of SAGs and GDMOs and the available list as supplied by the Delhi Headquarters were supplied to the appellant.
4. The Commission finds that the Public Authority has provided available information to the appellant but his application reflects a grievance related to promotion and transfer of SAGs and GDMOs and such information shall be disclosed by Public Authority in compliance of section 4 (1) (b) of RTI Act and DoPT Memorandum dated 29.06.2015.
5. In view of the above, the Commission advises the appellant to submit a representation to the Public Authority and directs the CPIO to provide action taken report in consultation with higher competent authorities of Delhi Medical Division, within 30 days of receipt of representation of the appellant.
(M. Sridhar Acharyulu)
Central Information Commissioner
Citation: Dr. Shivkumar Babu M G v. CPIO, ESIC in Appeal No.: CIC/ESICO/A/2018/622276, Date of Decision – 02.08.2018