FAA: PIO to communicate the date of inspection of the log book of the Staff car used by the Director - Appellant: no date was given to him for inspection - CIC: permit inspection of the log book & also provide information regarding consumption of petrol
Vide RTI dt 8.6.12, appellant had sought information on 3 points relating to inspection of the log book of the Staff car used by the Director and monthly consumption of petrol.
2. CPIO vide letter dt 13.7.12, provided a response to query no. a and c and in respect of query no. b, submitted that no information was available. Inspection in respect of query no. a was offered.
3. An appeal was filed on 24.10.12 stating that though a date had been fixed for inspection of records, the same was deferred based on administrative reasons.
4. AA vide order dt 4.1.13, directed CPIO to communicate the date of inspection of the log book within fifteen days.
5. Submissions made by the appellant and public authority were heard. Appellant submits that in pursuance of AA’s order dt 4.1.13, no fresh date was given to him for inspection of the log book and no information has been provided relating to consumption of petrol.
6. The Commission directs CPIO to permit inspection of the log book to the appellant within two weeks from the date of receipt of the order and to also provide information regarding consumption of petrol, if the information is not available in the log book itself. The appeal is disposed of.
Central Information Commissioner
Citation: Shri Praveen Sakhuja v. Export Inspection Council of India in File No.CIC/SS/A/2013/000615/RM