DoPT asks states to allow use of e-IPO for payment of fee
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has written to state governments to explore the option of providing electronic postal orders (e-IPO) facility to citizens to pay the fee for filing of their RTI application. DoPT is the nodal department for RTI matters and had earlier initiated the move for e-IPO for payment of fees for the Indians abroad. An applicant is required to get himself registered at the website epostoffice.gov.in and then generate an e-IPO for the payment of fee for the department to whom an application is planned to be filed using credit / debit card.
As per the letter written by the DoPT to the Chief Secretaries of all states, the DoPT has asked them to explore the feasibility of extension of the facility of e-IPO to the states where IPO is a mode of payment of application fee.
If the proposal of filing of RTI applications while paying fee through e-IPO information is accepted, it lead to convenience for a lot of applicants while setting up uniformity in practice. Currently, different states accept different modes of payment for the RTI applications. http://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/payment-fee-1103
Readers may refer to earlier posts on similar matters
1. Launching of Electronic Indian Postal Order (Office Memorandum of DoPT No.1/44/2009-IR, Dated the 22nd March, 2013) http://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/dopt/1_44_2009-IR-22032013.pdf
2. Launch of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application (Office Memorandum of DoPT No.1/1/2013-1R , Dated: 22/04/2013) http://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/dopt/1_1_2013-IR-D.pdf
3. Extension of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application (Office Memorandum of DoPT No.1/1/2013-1 R, Dated: 17/05/2013) http://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/dopt/112013-ir.pdf
4. Extension of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application (Office Memorandum of DoPT No.1/1/2013-/R, Dated: 12/08/2013) http://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/dopt/August2013/1_1_2013-IR-12082013A.pdf
5. Extension of facility of e-IPO for payment of RTI fee in Indian Missions by citizens abroad http://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/extension-facility-e-ipo-payment-rti-fee-indian-mi#.VBoPhpSSwlA