Do the employees of LIC follow any rules for receiving gifts? A composite note was put up by the zonal departments to the competent authority for obtaining sanction for gifting of the gift cards etc. to the officers
1. Appellant submitted RTI application dated 25 June 2012 before the CPIO, LIC of India, Chennai seeking Rules framed regarding acceptance/receiving of gifts by the Employees of the Public Authority and other details through multiple points.
2. Vide Order dated 26 July 2012, CPIO provided information as held.
3. Appellant preferred first Appeal dated 7 August 2012 to the First Appellate Authority. Vide Order dated 29 August 2012, FAA upheld the CPIO’s Order.
4. Being aggrieved and not being satisfied by the above response of the public authority, the appellant preferred second appeal before the Commission.
5. Matter was heard today via videoconferencing. Respondents were heard from Chennai. Appellant made submissions from Bhopal.
After hearing both the parties Commission directs the CPIO to obtain copies of the composite note put up by each of the Departments under the South Zonal office, Chennai, to the competent authority for obtaining sanction for gifting of the gift cards etc to the officers/zonal manager and provide the same to the appellant within three weeks of receipt of the order. In respect of other points, the matter is disposed of in terms of Commission’s order no. CIC/DS/A/2012/002387 of 3 July 2013.
(Smt. Deepak Sandhu)
Information Commissioner (DS)
Citation: Shri N. Saini v. LIC of India, Chennai in Appeal: No. CIC/DS/A/2012/002389