Details of vehicles escort to the Hon’ble President like registration number, make, model etc. were denied u/s 8(1) (a) & (g) of RTI Act claiming that it is exempt as it relates to the security of the President - CIC: No further intervention is required
Dated of Decision: 16.05.2016
1. The appellant filed RTI application dated 07.07.2015 seeking information regarding details of vehicles escort to the Hon’ble President viz registration number, make, model etc. The CPIO responded on 29.07.2015. The appellant filed first appeal dated 10.08.2015 with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 17.09.2015. The appellant filed second appeal on 02.11.2015 with the Commission.
3. The respondent participated in the hearing. The appellant did not participate in the hearing. 4. The respondent stated that the appellant vide letter dated 29.07.2015 was informed that the sought for information is relating to security of the Hon’ble President hence is exempt from disclosure under section 8(1) (a) (g) of the RTI Act.
5. The respondent stated that the first appellate authority vide its order dated 17.09.2015 had disposed of the first appeal having concurred with the findings of the CPIO.
6. The action /steps taken by the respondent in dealing with the RTI application are satisfactory.
7. No further intervention of the Commission is required in the matter. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to the parties.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: Mr. Jagjit Singh Walia v. Officer President Secretariat, Rashtrapati Bhavan in Appeal No. CIC/VS/A/2015/002943