Details of the number of age determination tests performed by the hospital for the past 5 years alongwith the number of x rays & other related tests done were sought amidst allegations of corruption - CIC directed to maintain the record from now onwards
2. The complainant by her RTI application sought information regarding the Age Determination Board of the respondent /hospital. She wanted the date of initiation of the Board for age determination in the hospital and reason for initiation of the Department in the hospital, details of all the Departments concerned, involved in the age determination board at the initiation of the Department and also information on the change in the Departments was made after the initiation of the same. Also provide the information under which policy change in the department was made, etc. PIO replied on 07.07.2014 providing information for point no.
2. Having received no information on the other points, complainant filed first appeal. FAA directed the PIO to seek the information for other points except point no. 3 from the hospital establishment and provide the same to the complainant. Claiming nonfurnishing of information, appellant approached the Commission in complaint.
3. The Complainant by her RTI application had sought information regarding the administrative posts held by the medical officers, CMO, CMPNFSG, SAG and Junior Specialist Grade – II and information regarding the eligibility criteria for holding the administrative post by the above said officers in the last 5 years, information regarding the total number of ultrasounds and X-rays done in the radiology department in the last 5 years etc. PIO replied on 07.07.2014 providing information for point no. 2. Having received no information on other points, complainant filed first appeal. FAA directed the PIO to seek the information for other points except point no. 3 from the hospital establishment and provide the same to the complainant. Claiming nonfurnishing of information, appellant approached the Commission in complaint.
4. Both the parties made their submissions. Having heard the submissions and perused the record, the Commission directs the respondent authority to provide the information to the complainant regarding the educational qualifications of the members of the Board for Age Determination and the criteria for being appointed as members on the said Board, within 10 days from the date of receipt of this order. The Complaint is disposed of accordingly.
5. Both the parties made their submissions. The complainant wanted information on the number of age determination tests performed by the Board for the past five years alongwith the details of the number of x rays and other related tests done. The respondent officer produced a set of information containing the details number of tests of X rays done and handed over the same to the complainant during hearing. As regards the number of age determination tests done for the past five years, the respondent officer submitted that they did not maintain any record regarding the same. The Commission directed the respondent authority, to maintain the record immediately from now onwards. The complainant further alleged that there has been corruption in crores of rupees in the purchase of floor cleaners and an FIR was also lodged. Hence she wants the details of the officers who dealt the administration for the past 5 years and a copy of the Inquiry report and a copy of the FIR in this respect. The Commission accordingly directs the respondent authority to furnish the information sought by the complainant within 15 days from the date of receipt of this order. The complainant is disposed of accordingly.
(M. Sridhar Acharyulu)
Citation: Seema Singhal Vs. Aruna Asaf Ali Govt Hospital, GNCTD Case No.CIC/SA/C/2015/000185 CIC/SA/C/2015/000186