Detailed information about a railway personnel, datewise place of posting, designation wise service record, details of pancard, bank account, details of his moveable & immoveable property were denied u/s 8(1)(j) - CIC provide the place & period of posting
1. The appellant filed an application dated 01.11.2012 seeking information regarding appointment of a person in the railway mentioned in the RTI application, his date of appointment, datewise place of posting, designation wise service record, his job description at Matunga Central Railway, date of his transfer from Matunga to Nasik with reasons, when did he come back and the reason for coming back, details of pancard, bank account, name and address of the bank where his salary credited, details of his moveable and immoveable property along with details of his wife, details of his birth place etc. The CPIO responded on 26.11.2012 and denied the information under section 8(1) (j) of the RTI Act, 2005. The Appellant filed first appeal dated 17.12.2012 with the First Appellate Authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 10.01.2013. The Appellant filed second appeal dated 07.02.2013 with the Commission.
2. The appellant and respondent both participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
3. The appellant referred to his RTI application of 01.11.2012 and reiterated the points made in the RTI application. The appellant stated that a theft took place at Matunga 78 years back and an F.I.R. was lodged with the police.
4. The appellant said that he is seeking information about the (a) place of posting and period of postings of Shri Ravi Mehra, ASI posted in RPF; (b) copy of F.I.R. lodged about the incident in question; and (c) the details of immoveable property of the aforementioned ASI.
5. The respondent stated that information sought by the appellant relates to personal information, the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activities or interest and that this would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of an individual, hence the information was denied under section 8(1) (j) of the RTI Act, vide letter dated 26.11.2012.
6. The respondent further stated that a case is pending in the court and an F.I.R. was submitted in the court alongwith other documents, hence the same is not available with them. As regards details of immoveable property, the respondent said that Shri Ravi Mehra informed them not to disclose any information related to him. The respondent said that the information sought by the appellant is third party information.
7. The respondent is directed to provide information to the appellant on para 4 (a) above within 30 days of receipt of this order. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Anees Khan v. Central Railway in Decision No.CIC/AD/A/2013/000668/VS/07912