Copies of notification which authorized SBI to change clauses 10 and 11 of MoF order relating to the merger of eSBS with SBI - CIC: inspection allowed; PIO to look into any deviation from clause 10 & 11 of the notification & intimate outcome to appellant
Copies of which authorized SBI to change clauses 10 and 11 of the order of MoF relating to the merger of eSBS with SBI - Appellant asserted that DoFS being the nodal department should have the relevant information and not the SBI to whom his application had been forwarded - CIC: allow inspection of the relevant portions of the files; PIO to look into deviation, if any, from clause 10 & 11 of the notification in question and intimate the outcome to the appellant
1. The appellant, Shri Sharad G Vora, has submitted RTI application dated 16 August 2012 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi; seeking information relating to the approval obtained by SBI from the respondent Ministry/department for change of clauses 10 and 11 of above order etc. through total of 08 points.
2. Vide order dated 07 September 2012, CPIO informed the appellant that the information sought under points A,B,C,E & F were being transferred to State Bank of India and furnished information sought in points D, G & H. Not satisfied by the CPIO’s reply, the appellant preferred appeal dated 12 October 2012 to the First Appellate Authority (FAA). Vide order dated 01 November 2012, the FAA upheld the CPIO’s decision regarding points A,B,C,E & F and on points D & G, directed the CPIO to forward the application to the Under Secretary (Coordination) of the Department for necessary action .
3. Being aggrieved and not satisfied by the above response of the public authority, the appellant preferred second appeal before the Commission.
4. The matter was heard today. The respondents were represented by Shri M.M. Dawla, Under Secretary, Department of Financial Services and Shri Ajay Khurana. The appellant Shri Sharad G. Vora, also attended the hearing. The appellant wanted to have copies of orders/notifications etc. issued by DoFS, Ministry of Finance which authorized SBI to change clauses 10 and 11 of the order of MoF relating to the merger of eSBS with SBI. The appellant asserted that DoFS being the nodal department should have the relevant information and not the SBI to whom his application had been forwarded.
5. The respondents stated that information as available with them had been provided. They offered to allow inspection of their files. They proposed to look into the matter relating to deviation, if any, from clauses 10 & 11 of the notification. The respondents also stated that they had not received any complaints in this matter.
6. (i) The CPIO will allow inspection of the relevant portions of the files, as agreed by them, to the appellant within 15 days of the receipt of this order, on a mutually convenient date and time.
(ii) As proposed by him, the CPIO will look into deviation, if any, from clause 10 & 11 of the notification in question and intimate the outcome to the appellant within 30 days of the receipt of the Commission’s order.
Citation: Shri Sharad G Vora v. DoFS in Appeal: No. CIC/DS/A/2013/000183/MP