Copies of messages given by successive Prime Ministers & incorporated in the Commemorate register while paying tributes to former soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti was sought - CIC: no reasonable ground has been given for denial of information; provide it
Vide RTI dt 1.3.13, appellant had sought information on three points seeking copies of messages given by successive Prime Ministers and incorporated in the Commemorate register while paying tributes to former soldiers at Amar Jawan Jyoti and related issues.
2. CPIO Indian Army, RTI Cell, vide letter dt 11.4.13, provided a point wise response. Another response was provided by CPIO PMO vide letter dt 10.5.13.
3. An appeal was filed on 5.6.13.
4. AA vide order dt 8.7.13, allowed appellant to inspect the extract of the Commemorate register in respect of query no.1.
5. Submissions made by public authority were heard. It was submitted that they have comments made by respective Prime Ministers from 2002 onwards.
6. The Commission finds that no reasonable ground has been given for denial of information sought by the appellant in query no.1. We accordingly direct the CPIO to provide available information in respect of query no.1 to the appellant within three weeks from date of receipt of the order. The appeal is disposed of.
Central Information Commissioner
Citation: Shri Aseem Takyar v. Ministry of Defense in File No.CIC/LS/A/2013/001908/RM