A complaint was made with regard to problem of drinking water being faced by the people of Sehyog Vihar - Respondent officer agreed to resolve the problem raised by the complainant - CIC: right to drink pure & healthy water is a fundamental right
1. Complainant sought to know the action taken on his several complaints by the department because he has never received any response with respect to them.
2. CPIO transfer the application to PIO Delhi Jal Board.
Ground for Complaint:
3. No response by the concerned PIO within prescribed time period.
Proceedings Before the Commission:
4. Both the parties are present. The complainant submitted before the Commission that their complaint is with regard to problem of drinking water being faced by the people of Sehyog Vihar. The respondent authority submitted that due to election in Delhi work could not be resolve it and execute the work plan. The public authority assured the complainant that their water problem will be solved by June, 2015, in this regard, they have also furnished the required information to the appellant. The complainant told that the work which is to be started by the department is only for three blocks, but they want to solve the problem of the total six blocks. The issue is that there is a contamination of drinking water with sewage because of breaking of pipeline and that pipeline passes from one block to another block and if there is a leakage at any of the block it affect the water supply at all blocks. As per the department sanction plan they reconstruct the pipeline of three blocks only. Complainant requested the Commission to instruct them to relocate breakage of pipe of all 6 blocks.
5. The respondent officer agreed before the commission to resolve the problem raised by the complainant and will relocate the leakage at all the 6 blocks and renovate pipeline wherever needed. The Commission observed that right to drink pure & healthy water is a fundamental right of every person guaranteed under article 21 of the Constitution of India. It is surprising to know how the repair work to provide drinking water has been postponed taking excuse of moral code of conduct for election. Thus the Commission recommends the public authority to consider the point raised by the complainant with reference to contamination of drinking water with sewage water and repair it at the earliest. The complaint is closed accordingly.
(M. Sridhar Acharyulu)
Citation: Sh Kalyan Chawala v. Delhi Jal Board in Case No. CIC/SA/C/2014/000428