A complaint was filed before the CIC on the ground that information was not provided - CIC: The reply given is not satisfactory; As complainant is primarily interested in getting a reply, treated it as 2nd appeal & directed to provide a consolidated reply
1. The complainant filed RTI application dated 22.09.2015 seeking information on 10 points viz.
(i) Disposal status of his letter dated 31.08.2015 along with certified copies of relevant records,
(ii) Copies of records containing leave/deputation vacancy arrangements made in the absence of SSPO during 31.12.2014 to 20.01.2015 and 24-25.08.2015 along with the supporting rules,
(iii) Copy of his transfer order and supporting rules etc.
2. The CPIO responded on 06.11.2015. The first appeal and the FAA order are not on record. The complainant filed a complaint on 16.12.2015 before the Commission on the ground that information should be provided to him.
3. Both the parties participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
4. The complainant stated that the respondent has not provided him the sought for information.
5. The respondent stated that after receiving the RTI from Circle Office, they have replied to the complainant vide letter dated 06.11.2015. 6. The respondent further stated that on point nos. 1 to 4 and 6 to 10 no information is available at their end and the information on point no. 5 is also not with them in material form. Most of issues have not been replied to.
7. The respondent also stated that there is no mechanism to assess the quantum of pending works accumulated in their Divisional office.
8. The reply given to the complainant is not satisfactory. However, he is primarily interested in getting a reply. Hence, this may be treated as 2nd appeal.
9. The nodal CPIO in Circle office should coordinate in this regard, and after collecting the information should give a consolidated reply to the complainant within 30 days from the date of receipt of this order.
10. The Deputy Registrar is directed to fix a hearing in the matter after 30 days. Notice may also be issued to the Circle office.
11. The respondent is directed to take action as per para 9 above. Copy of the order be given to the parties free of cost.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner