CIC: Provide a revised reply along with all the relevant annexures, free of cost to the appellant; PIO warned to remain careful while dealing with RTI applications & to ensure that complete replies are provided within the time stipulated under the RTI Act
The complainant has sought the following information:
1. Explain NIT Rourkela Medical Attendance Rules.
2. Provide the amendments of Medical Rules as per resolution No. BOG23(2010)- 14 dated 09/07/2010.
3. Explain the point no. 12 of NITR Medical Attendance Rules.
4. At time of joining of Institute, what is the meaning of Income Self declaration (other than spouse) by new employee for LTC and Medical Facilities. List the documents to prove his/ her self-declaration.
5. What is validity of medical card (other than spouse and children) issued by NIT Rourkela.
6. And other related information.
Grounds for Second Appeal
The CPIO did not provide the desired information.
Submissions made by Complainant and Respondent during Hearing:
The appellant submitted that he is aggrieved with the reply of the CPIO on point no 1 of the RTI application only as he has not been provided the relevant copies of the sought for information. The CPIO submitted that he is willing to provide the relevant photocopies to the appellant.
Based on the relief sought by the appellant during hearing, the instant complaint is treated as a Second Appeal. From a perusal of the relevant case records, it is noted that on point no 14 of the RTI application, only a partial reply has been provided by the CPIO on 19.12.2017. The CPIO has failed to provide the complete informationto this point as has been submitted by the appellant. The Commission expresses its displeasure over such conduct of the CPIO.
Based on the above observations, the CPIO is directed to provide a revised reply to point no 14 of the RTI application along with all the relevant annexures, free of cost to the appellant within a period of 07 days from the date of receipt of this order under intimation to the Commission. The CPIO is also warned to remain careful while dealing with RTI applications and to ensure that complete replies are provided to every RTI application within the time stipulated under the RTI Act. The appeal is disposed of accordingly
Vanaja N. Sarna
Citation: Nitish Kumar v. National Institute of Technology, Rourkela in Decision no.: CIC/NITRK/C/2018/609810/00800, Date of Decision : 03/06/2019