Chhattisgarh issues directives for better enforcement of RTI Act
The state government of Chhattisgarh has issued a 15 point directive to ensure that the Right to Information (RTI) Act is implemented both in letter and spirit. As per the fresh circular issued by the General Administrative Department (GAD) of the state government, “It has being brought to the notice of the state government that the earlier circular (regarding strict implementation of RTI act) is not been followed effectively.”
• The circular has been marked to the heads of the different department of the state government, the secretaries, district collectors and chief executive officer of district panchayats wherein the department secretary has been asked to monitor the implementation of the Act.
• The directive to nominate the public information officer and strictly implement the act has been reiterated.
• It have been directed again to study the clauses in the act apart from the besides the government norms.
• As per the circular, only secretary level official shall make correspondence with the Chhattisgarh State Information Commissioner.
• During the visit of the district under their jurisdiction, the secretaries have been directed to conduct meeting and review the implementation of the RTI Act.
• The departments have been directed to ensure that sufficient budget is allotted for the RTI section.