Asking for further fee – CIC: CPIO to provide the identified documents, free of charge to the appellant as inspection and as the notice for depositing the prescribed fee had been issued to the appellant well beyond the prescribed period of 30 days
1. RTI application dated 2 July, 2012 was preferred by the appellant before the CPIO, Education Department, CLZ, North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), to seek information regarding whether a teacher could be transferred to morning school shift and also regarding the number of application for transfer received as on 20 June 2012 and action taken thereon through five points.
2. Vide CPIO order dated 24 August, 2012, point wise information was provided to the appellant who preferred appeal dated 6 August 2012 before the first appellate authority (appeal was made prior to receiving the order of the CPIO).
3. Matter was disposed of vide FAA order dated 31 August 2012 vide which the CPIO was directed to provide information against point 5 regarding the reasons for not considering transfer requests of 34 applications. Appellant was also allowed to inspect the records.
4. Appellant preferred second appeal before the Commission.
5. Matter was heard today. Respondent as above appeared in person. Appellant was not present. CPIO stated that the appellant had been allowed to inspect the records and had also been asked to deposit the prescribed fee of Rs 2/- per page as photocopy charges which had so far not be deposited by the appellant.
6. After hearing the averments of the CPIO on the perusing the facts on record, Commission directs the CPIO to provide the identified documents, free of charge to the appellant as inspection and the notice for depositing the prescribed fee had been issued to the appellant well beyond the prescribed period of 30 days after which information was required to be provided by the CPIO, free of cost.
7. Information to be provided within two weeks of receipt of order.
(Smt. Deepak Sandhu)
Information Commissioner (DS)
Citation: Shri Sujit Kumar Sinha v. North Delhi Municipal Corporation in Appeal: No. CIC/DS/A/2012/002498