Applicant sought action taken report on his representation regarding guidance to the senior citizen concerning facilitation of special counter for senior citizen etc at post office - CIC recommended the Public Authority to mark sign boards & instructions
1. The appellant sought action taken report on his representation dated 26.09.2016 with regard to availability of stationeries, guidance to be given to the senior citizen concerning facilitation of special counter for senior citizen etc. Since no satisfactory information was received, the appellant approached this Commission.
2. The Commission’s order dated 21.09.2017: 2. The Commission directs the respondent authority to provide point-wise information, within 21 days and also cautions not to sideline such kind of RTI applications just because it contains queries. The Commission also cautions the PIO not to be harsh while dealing with senior citizens and to show some amount of sympathy and humanity on them. With the above directions, the instant appeal is disposed of.
3. The appellant alleged that the Post Office at Faridabad did not have a special counter for providing services to the senior citizens due to which they had to face inconvenience lining up in the general queue.
4. The officer responded that a counter was specially arranged as and when senior citizens visited the Post Office however there were no official instructions or rules of the Post office.
5. The Commission recommends the Public Authority to mark sign boards and instruction of the common notice board of the Post Office for facilitation of special counter for the services of senior citizens. The CPIO, Faridabad Post Office, is directed to submit compliance report to this Commission, within 15 days.
(M. Sridhar Acharyulu)
Central Information Commissioner
Citation: Shri Lakhan Singh Kushwaha Appellant Versus CPIO, Dept of Posts Respondent in Second Appeal No.: CIC/POSTS/A/2017/157498, Date of Decision - 16.11.2018