Appellant wanted to know about the details of the route on which the train saloon used by the Maharaja of Darbhanga travelled, expenditure incurred & whether any amount was to be paid to railways - CIC: denial for non-availability of information upheld
1. The appellant filed an application dated 08.11.2012 under the RTI Act seeking information regarding the train saloon used by the Maharaja of Darbhanga. CPIO responded on 03.12.2012. Appellant filed first appeal with the first appellate authority (FAA) on 17.12.2012. FAA vide order 04.01.2013 upheld the decision of the CPIO. Appellant filed this present appeal on 07.02.2013.
2. Appellant and respondent participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
3. Appellant referred to the RTI application and stated that he was seeking information regarding the details of the train saloon of the Maharaja Darbhanga.
4. Appellant stated that around 50 years back he had seen the train saloon of the Maharaja Darbhanga running, after that it was lying in the yard of a particular station. Appellant stated that he wanted to know about the details of the route on which the train travelled, details of expenditure incurred in maintenance, and whether it was in the working condition or not, and where was it parked now. Appellant stated that a certain amount was also due on the Maharaja Darbhanga for the running of the train which had to be paid to the railways.
5. Respondent stated that they had no information relating to the Maharaja Darbhanga Train and they did not know which division of railway was having that information. This was informed to the appellant on 03.12.2012 and 04.01.2013.
6. Respondent stated that no further information was to be provided to the appellant as no other information was available with the respondent organisation.
7. Respondent has acted in conformity with the RTI Act.
8. No further action is required to be taken in the matter at the level of the Commission. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Girish Prasad Gupta v. East Central Railway in Decision No.CIC/AD/A/2013/000649/VS/07890