Appellant took an education loan and sought the list of AICTE and the list approved by the bank - CIC: Provide the attested copies (i) the list which the AICTE approved and (ii) the list of institutions which the bank had approved within fifteen days
1. The appellant Shri Sanjeev Kumar Pandey, submitted RTI application dated 15.05.2014 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), State Bank of India, Bhagalpur stating that he took education loan account no. 30578388900 for Bachelor in Hospital Management and wanted to seek approved list of AICTE.
2. The CPIO, SBI, Bhagalpur vide letter dated 13.06.2014 informed the appellant that the competent authority of the bank had approved the list of AICTE. Aggrieved with non receipt of information from the CPIO, the appellant filed an appeal on 15.05.2014 before the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA vide order dated 28.08.2014 held that the CPIO vide letter dated 13.06.2014 replied to the appellant, but list of approved AICTE and the list approved by the bank was not provided to the appellant. The FAA directed the appellant to provide the same within ten days.
3. Thereafter the appellant filed the present appeal before the Commission.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant stated that the CPIO had not provided the list of AICTE and the list approved by the bank, as directed by the FAA. The CPIO had also not replied to his RTI application within mandated period of 30 days. The respondents stated that the CPIO had complied with the directions of the FAA vide his letter dated 9.9.2014 and provided information to the appellant. The appellant stated that respondents had not provided the information as sought for.
5. Having considered the submissions of the parties, the Commission directs the CPIO to provide attested copies of two lists to the appellant (i) the list which the AICTE approved and (ii) the list of institutions which the bank had approved within fifteen days of receipt of this order. The appeal is disposed of.
Citation: Shri Sanjeev Kumar Pandey v. State Bank of India in Appeal: No. CIC/MP/A/2014/002429