Appellant stated that the treatment given to his spouse was medically wrong & the hospital was not able to diagnose the disease for more than six months - He sought complete information about the treatment - CIC: Provide the information within 30 days
O R D E R
1. The appellant filed an RTI application on 1.11.2012 seeking information pertaining to non supply of life saving medicine, in which context he wanted to know the action taken on letters dated 8.10.2012 and 15.10.2012. The CPIO responded on 21.11.2012. The appellant filed an appeal before the first appellate authority (FAA) on 6.12.2012. The FAA responded on 14.12.2012 and concurred with the views of the CPIO. The appellant filed a second appeal with the Commission on 1.3.2013.
2. Both parties were heard through videoconferencing.
3. The appellant stated that his RTI application of 1.11.2012 had not been responded to appropriately by the respondent. The appellant stated that his spouse had been provided life saving drugs earlier but suddenly the supply of the life saving drugs was stopped and it was in this background that he had submitted two representations.
4. The appellant said that he wants information on the following two points:
(a) a copy of action taken report on his letter dated 8.10.2012; and
(b) a copy of action taken report on his letter dated 15.10.2012.
5. The appellant stated that the treatment given to his spouse was medically wrong and that the hospital was not able to diagnose the disease for more than six months and that in this light the appellant wants to get complete information about the treatment. The appellant stated that he has taken the RTI route because he was not able to get information that he was seeking about his wife’s treatment.
6. The respondent stated that the hospital is large with 200 beds and thousand patients are attended daily in the OPD and that the respondent said that he asked the appellant to bring his spouse to the hospital but the appellant did not bring his spouse in the hospital.
7. The respondent is directed to:
(a) to provide information on para 4 above in context of the RTI application;
(b) enable inspection of the relevant file by the appellant and provide photocopies of the pertinent documents; and
(c) comply with the above within 30 days of this order.
Appeal is disposed of. Copy of this order be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri C.K. Thomas v. North West Railway in Decision No.CIC/AD/A/2013/000887/VS/08088