Appellant sought information relating to his service matters - CIC: provide the details & responsibilities of Junior Engineers & Junior Engineers1; provide details of the distinction between their work; and the reasons for not giving ACP to the appellant
1. The appellant filed an RTI application dated 01.06.2011 seeking roster of the officials mentioned in the RTI application. The appellant filed an appeal dated 10.08.2011 with the appellate authority. The response of the PIO and FAA is not on record. The appellant filed a second appeal dated 14.05.2013 with the Commission.
2. Both parties were present during the hearing.
3. The appellant referred to his RTI application of 1.6.2011 and stated that in the application he had sought information relating to duties and responsibilities of Jr. Engineers and their transfers and the grant of ACP to the employees. The appellant stated that he has not received any response from the respondent organization.
4. During the course of the hearing, the appellant stated that he wanted the following information:
(a) details and responsibilities of the Jr. Engineers and Jr.Engineers1;
(b) what is the distinction between their work; and
(c) reasons for not giving ACP to the appellant.
5. The appellant further stated that the matter was heard in the Commission on 14.6.2014 vide decision no. CIC/AD/A/2012/000523 dated 1462014 which was not complied with by the respondent organization. 6. The respondent stated that the matter was heard in the Commission and a decision was taken on 14.6.2014. It was decided that no response could be sent to the appellant because the appellant has not specified the posts whether they belong to Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, S & T, etc. The respondent stated that the appellant was responded to followed by reminder dated 8.8.2011 to specify the posts. The respondent further stated that information on points 1, 2 and 3 could not be provided because the matter belonged to the Patiala Unit. The RTI application relating to points 1, 2 and 3 was transferred to the concerned CPIO of the Diesel Loco Modernisation Works, Patiala on 882011.
7. The respondent is directed to provide information to the appellant as per para 4 above in context of the RTI application within 30 days of this order. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Jarnail Singh v. Ministry of Railway in Decision No.CIC/AD/C/2013/001588/VS/08393