Appellant: Information with regard to transfer of Marketing Executives was not provided - Respondent: No rotational transfers are mandated for Marketing Executives; If they do not function well, they can be transferred - CIC: No intervention required
1. The appellant filed RTI application dated 30.03.2015 seeking information on 18 points regarding purchase of computers and printers and facilities provided in the post offices etc.
2. The CPIO responded on 30.04.2015 by providing pointwise reply. The appellant filed first appeal on 05.05.2015 with First Appellate Authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 14.08.2015 and upheld the decision of the CPIO. The appellant filed second appeal before the Commission on 19.10.2015 on the ground that information should be provided to him.
3. The appellant and the respondent participated in the hearing through VC.
4. The appellant stated that on point nos. 04, 06, 07 and 17 he has been provided information after direction of the first appellate authority. The appellant stated that his first appeal dated 05.05.2015 was received by the respondent on 16.07.2015 and enquired as to who was responsible for this 2 delay. The appellant stated that the information was provided on point no. 4, 6 and7 after the order of the first appellate authority. The appellant stated that on point no. 15 information is yet to be given. The appellant stated that the information with regard to rotation transfer of Marketing Executives has not been provided to him.
5. The respondent stated that no rotational transfers are mandated for Marketing Executives. If they do not function well, they can be transferred.
6. The sought for information has been provided to the appellant. The steps/action taken by the respondent in dealing with the RTI application is satisfactory. The delay in receipt of first appeal is not a subject for this RTI application.
7. No intervention is required in the matter at the level of this Commission.
The appeal is disposed of.
Copy of the order be given to the parties free of cost.
(Radha Krishna Mathur)
Chief Information Commissioner
Citation: C D Soundar Rajan v. Deptt. of Posts in Appeal No. CIC/BS/A/2016/000367; Dated of Decision: 25.05.2017