Appellant had deposited certain Saving Certificates in 1968 and wanted the maturity amount from the respondent organization - Respondent: the Saving Certificates are not traceable at their end - CIC: inform the updated position to the appellant
1. The appellant filed an RTI application dated 13.04.2012 seeking information regarding Pension Adalat case. The CPIO responded on 31.05.2012. The appellant filed first appeal dated Nil with the first appellate authority (FAA). The FAA responded on 22.08.2012. The appellant filed a second appeal dated 04.03.2013 with the Commission.
2. The respondent participated in the hearing through video conferencing.
3. The respondent referred to the appellant’s RTI application and stated that the appellant at the time of joining had deposited certain Saving Certificates with the respondent organization in the year 1968. The respondent stated that the appellant had retired from service and wanted the maturity amount of the Saving Certificates.
4. The respondent stated that the Saving Certificates are not traceable at their end. The PIO vide letter dated 29.09.2012 enclosing therewith note informing the appellant that efforts are still being made to trace the Saving Certificates but the same are not traceable as they are very old documents. The respondent had in the letter stated that efforts are in progress to trace the documents.
5. The appellant did not participate in the hearing.
6. The respondent is directed to inform the appellant about the updated position within 30 days of this order. The appeal is disposed of. Copy of the decision be given free of cost to the parties.
Citation: Shri Chandubhai P. Patel v. Western Railway in Decision No. CIC/AD/A/2013/000991/VS/08140