Action taken report on representation regarding creation of Welfare Fund as per provisions of National Policy for Older Persons and Health Insurance - CIC: PIO to apprise the appellant on his query; provide requisite information on the representation
1. The appellant through the RTI application dated 5.10.2012 sought action taken report on his representation dated 12.8.2012 addressed to Shri P. Chidambaram, Hon’ble Finance Minister regarding old age pension schemes and Health Insurance. The CPIO vide letter No. 154/EV/RTI/2012 dated 17.12.2012 informed the appellant that since the old age pension schemes are administered by Ministry of Rural Development, his representation dated 12.8.2012 was forwarded to them vide Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No. 456/EV/2012 dated 17.9.2012. The appellant was further informed that Department of Expenditure deals with providing financial concurrence to proposals relating to pension etc. which are received from various Ministries/Departments. Hence, representations received from individuals were forwarded to the concerned nodal Ministries/Departments.
2. Aggrieved with the reply of the CPIO, the appellant filed appeal on 2.1.2013 before the FAA. The FAA vide his order No. AA 03/2013 dated 23.1.2013 concurred with the reply of the CPIO. However, the FAA directed the RTI Cell to provide information sought by the appellant about the e-mail addresses of all CPIOs and AAs of Department of Expenditure.
3. The respondent during the hearing states that in compliance with the directions of the FAA, the CPIO vide letter No. 10(1)/2012-RTI dated 31.1.2013 informed the appellant that since a number of officials have joined/ left the Department recently, the list of CPIOs/FAA is under revision. As per information received from various Divisions/Branches circulated by the RTI Cell, the list of CPIOs/FAAs has been updated and provided to the appellant. Thereafter, the CPIO vide letter dated14.3.2013 again provided updated list of CPIOs/FAA to the appellant.
4. The appellant was heard through audio, states that the two issues raised in his representation addressed to Finance Minister i.e. one related to creation of Welfare Fund as per provisions of National Policy for Older Persons, 99 (NPOP, 99), resulting in non-implementation of provisions of the Policy and the other is Health Insurance as per NPOP, 99, has not been replied to by the CPIO.
5. Having considered the submissions of the parties, the Commission hereby directs the CPIO, Department of Expenditure to apprise the appellant on his query raised during the hearing. The CPIO, Department of Expenditure will comply with the directions of the Commission within two weeks of receipt of this order.
6. The CPIO, Ministry of Rural Development is also directed to provide requisite information on appellant’s representation dated 12.8.2012 addressed to Finance Minister, which was forwarded to the Ministry of Rural Development vide Department of Expenditure O.M. No. 456/EV/2012 dated 17.9.2012, within two weeks of receipt of this order, if not already replied to the appellant. The matter is disposed of on the part of the Commission with above directions.
Citation: Shri M.V. Ruparelia v. Ministry of Finance in Case No. CIC/SS/A/2013/000524