Action taken on the appellant’s application with respect to amount paid for insurance policy under National animal insurance policy was sought - PIO: amount was collected by unlicensed person - CIC: appellant should approach the IRDA for his grievance
1. The appellant, Shri Balesh Jain, submitted RTI application dated February 18, 2014 before the Central Public Information Officer (CPIO), National Insurance Co. Ltd., Lucknow seeking information regarding action taken on his RTI dated 18.1.2014 made with respect to amount paid for insurance policy of his cow under National animal insurance policy.
2. Vide reply dated March 14, 2014, the CPIO furnished information. Not satisfied with the reply given by the CPIO concerned, the appellant preferred an appeal dated March 27, 2014 to the first appellate authority (FAA) stating that information sought under point had not been replied to appropriately. Vide order dated April 29, 2014, the FAA upheld the decision of the CPIO.
3. Dissatisfied with the public authority, the appellant preferred the present appeal before the Commission seeking information.
4. The matter was heard by the Commission. The appellant’s representative stated that his father had taken insurance for his cow under National Animal Insurance Scheme. The amount was collected from him by the respondent’s agent Shri Pawan Sharma but the same was not deposited. He stated that Shri Pawan Sharma was not a licensed agent from Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority and was not authorized to collect the money from him. The respondents stated that the amount was not deposited with them but part of it was deposited as health certificate from Chief Veterinary Officer was not available. They stated that the draft for Rs. 29010/was sent to Saharanpur on 14.3.2014. They added that information as available had been provided to the appellant.
5. The Commission holds that information sought and that available has been given to the appellant. The appellant may like to take up the grievance/complaint regarding unlicensed person working as agent with Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority, if any. The appeal is disposed of.
Citaion: Shri Balesh Jain v. National Insurance Co. Ltd., in Appeal No. CIC/MP/A/2014/001078